Friday, August 12, 2016

How to Style: Long Chokers

Hello MC babes! I can't believe Friday has come again so soon, it feels like only yesterday that I wrote the "All About Nails" post about my favorite nail care products and polishes. I'm going to try and upload a style or beauty post every Friday for a little something different from the regular InstaLove posts that I put up throughout the week. 

So, last week was a beauty post and this week is a style post. Specifically a post about how to style long chokers. You might have seen these chokers in stores around town (Aldo Accessories in the Avalon Mall has a ton of them) and thought "what the heck am I supposed to do with these?". Well, I'm here to help you out with a few suggestions! 

The choker that I am using in these photos is a black suede one from Aldo Accessories (I think it was $20) and it essentially looks like a really, really long string when off. I always start with putting the string behind my head so that the ends hang on the front of my body at an even length. I do this to make sure that I get an even wrap around my neck when I style my choker.


For this style, I simply wrapped each side of the string around my neck one time and then tied the sides, like I was lacing up a sneaker, to get the bow. That's it! I wear my choker like this a lot because I really love the look of the bow with the long ends, but if you don't like this look (or if you get annoyed by the long string ends) ...


You can take each side of the string and wrap it around your neck a second time and tie a bow (in the same way as the above style). By wrapping each side a second time you're using up more of the string and creating a shorter choker style. You can also make your bow as big or as small as you like, the nice thing about this choker is that you can customize it any way you want!


For this style I kept wrapping each side of the string around my neck until I had no excess left and then I just tucked the ends in so that you couldn't see them. Sometimes I will tie a tiny knot in the back and then tuck the ends in to make sure that the choker style will stay in place and not unravel throughout the day. You can wear this style tightly wrapped so that it looks like one full piece, or you can spread out the string a little bit for a more piecey look. 


You can wear this choker on its own or you can have some fun and layer it with other necklaces and chokers! The one I'm wearing in this picture is from the store and it's a vintage one from the 1960s.


If you guys love the choker look but have been struggling to figure out how to style them then hopefully this post has been helpful! The main thing to keep in mind when styling and wearing your choker(s) is to have fun and make the trend your own, because that's what fashion is all about :)

Have a great weekend and I will see you back here next week!

XX

D.



No comments:

Post a Comment