Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Minimalism Has Hit The Red Carpet


Finally, a minimalistic look gets its due on the red carpet!

Award seasons (along with weddings and proms for all of us normal people) are often littered with bling, poof and volume. I am SO happy to see the Minimalistic look really make a statement this past Golden Globes. I love the cap sleeves of the peach dress and I think the matte, flatness of the fabric, mixed with the beautiful cuts of these dresses is where it is at.

Inevitably, after these award shows, you see a surge in the retail market based on the three of four prevailing styles and my fashion intuition tells me that this is one of those looks. And emerald green. And sleeves (told you so!) But that is for another blog post...

These past few weeks, I have been on the hunt for a wedding dress that suits a minimalist taste. This is proving difficult, but I will keep you all in the loop about my progress. Hopefully, event designers take notice of this great style and effortlessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment