Friday, January 7, 2011

Anna Sui Spring 2011- Prairie Oyster

Anna Sui Spring 2011


So, it is no secret that I love Anna Sui. I always try and have Anna Sui available at Model Citizens  because her work is so quirky, yet wearable. She really brings a theme forward and follows it to the letter throughout her collections and the Spring 2011 is no different.

Now, I am bias as I have always been partial to 1960's/early 70's Bohemian, mid-west country vibe with my own personal style, but here, Anna Sui brings the great "all american patch-work quilt" to this collection as well (like in her Fall 2010) with fluidity and style. I love the Mid-West style going on here and I think the theme is so current in the resurgence of alt country and bluegrass music and alternative, shoulder to the plow lifestyles.

Flowing patterned Maxi Dresses, Jean on Jean, petite floral blouses and sweeping helm lines make this collection fun and flowing yet mature and feminine. Accessories abound in this collection with feathers, headpieces, natural elements (wood, bone, glass) in the jewelry and notice, flat boots!

As always, Anna Sui is consistently bringing beautiful and wearable collections that embrace themes that are timely and trailblazing. MC is a big fan and loves getting new and old Anna Sui as sh continues to create lively and classic styles that always return!

No comments:

Post a Comment