Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring is... Coming!

I can't speak for the weather, but Spring is starting to bloom here at MC. Don't worry, we've still got a great  selection of cozy cardigans and sweaters... that are perfect for pairing for patterns and lighter fabrics. Layering people, it's happy place. Even if you keep the merino sweater on all day, you can smile knowing you've got a bright, floral cami underneath.

Flower's are starting to grow to- I'm working on new arrangements of felted, and fabric flowers as we speak. I'm so pleased with the new metal hardware I have been using. Hair pieces now come in the form of  headbands, pinch clips, bobby pins, french barettes, and as soon as I finish some experimenting, combs! I like to keep every piece as special and possible. Each piece is carefully cut, and complimentary accents of pearls, beads, crystals, etc. are added. If you see something you like, but have things you'd like to change- like a different piece of hardware or the same arrangement in a different color- just come find me around the store- i'm in from Tuesdays to Saturdays 10-6p. Or, if you have a brand new idea but are lacking (or just aren't interested) in the crafty side of things, I can work with that too. These handmade accessories have been the perfect touch for many occasions- weddings, cocktail parties, or just because you're cute. I'm working on the photography and will have pics up soon! 

And, I have to give props where they are due. Chels and I did a little iTunes shopping to freshen up the sounds of MC. We figured we might as well change that too while we were at it- no winter blahs here!! Really digging the new Cee Lo Green album- his soulful tunes and throwback vibe make a pleasant switch on a playlist with the often dance-y Florence and the Machine. Others to frequent the MC playlist are Mumford and Sons, Hey Rosetta!'s "Seeds", Rae Spoon and the occasional Fleet Foxes. It's good times here at the store, i'm always rocking out. 

It's back to the drawing board for me! Remember if you're in a pinch for the perfect outfit for Saturday night, we can probably help you out with that one- AND we have parking on both Duckworth and Water! NO long trots in the rain! Yayyyy

ML xo

No comments:

Post a Comment