Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm totally cool

Like the self praise in the blog title? Thought so. Hope everybody had a lovey-dovey V Day! Mine was fun, I went shopping (love towards one's self is necessary sometimes, and yes, I did do the boyfriend dinner thing last evening)!! With one more holiday down, and the calendar days quickly being crossed out we are getting close to spring! I know, there's sleet outside. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts!!

So yesterday's shopping. I have to admit it. I'm really digging the military inspired footwear of right now. According to the Spring/Summer 2011 footwear forecast the trend for him and her is here for a few more seasons, so I sucked it up and took the plunge. Yesterday I was out browsing. I don't do it in person very often since the internet doesn't involve battling the elements, but it's cool to see what's out there! Every selection of shoes I looked through, from the super cheap to super pricey, featured heels, boots, flats, even sneakers with a military influenced style.
Normally i'm a fan of girly practicality. I love the idea of those bright and intricately adorned Gaga heels, but even thought I work with fashion all day long the idea of wearing those for a day is unfathomable. I do like cute flats in solid colors, bows, flowers, and sometimes even sparkle. For a heel, I prefer wedges in suede and leather, minimalist in design. For boots, I have always chosen flat slouchy boots with a touch of 80's meets moccasin. My latest purchase (above!!) is a little edgy for my normally super girly look, but what a smart purchase!! Comfortable, and they just look so freakin' cool. The laces are super long and do the whole wrap around the boot twice thing. I'm still teaching myself how to wear them but I am starting to see that it doesn't involve dressing unlike me! Lots of options- paired with tights and simple dresses or layers- cute and practical. Worn with rolled boyfriend style jeans- urban cool and comfortable. I never thought I was cool enough for this style! Turns out you just need to try 'em on! Five minutes after I saw these on the shelf, it was a done deal.

Well, have an awesome Tuesday and remember to be a Model Citizen when dealing with the snow ;)
xo, ML

No comments:

Post a Comment