Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's February, People!

February is most notorious for Valentine's Day, but this February has me excited for different reasons. Winter and snow are lovely, but personally I like Spring most. Now we are one month closer and my mind is on Spring fashion (while I sit here in my knee length knit cardigan and boots). Spring is such an exciting time when it comes to close. There are nothing but warm days and flip flops in the future, but I like the sweet crispness in the air that still allows for jeans and and brightly colored ballet flats. I love the idea of throwing on pretty tops and bright accessories in all of those fun sunny colors.  Sadly, we are not quite there yet.
Here at Model Citizens we pride ourselves on being able to offer clothing that relates to the weather of right  now. In a lot of retail stores, by the time the first snow has fallen, sweaters and cardigans have long since been reduced and sold out and replaced with tanks and swimsuits. Not only is that inconvenient, it's depressing!! People love coming here to find that great Winter sweaters and wool skirts are still loud and proud. However, soon you'll start to see pops of colors and shapes throughout our fantastico stock. Not to jump into a season before we're ready, but just as a reminder that sunny warm days WILL come again...and most cute Spring tanks still look snappy with a warmer cardy in cashmere or merino wool. 
This brings me to my latest thought- mixing "out of season" tops with warm, Winter staples. This is Newfoundland people, we're never out of season- we've been known to experience all 4 in one day! I think it's important to dress weather appropriate, but if you're layering anyway why not throw in a bright color or Spring print? Not only will it create an easy i-just-threw-this-on-and-i'm-fabulous kind of look, it might even lighten the Winter blahs! 

Until next time, Happy February, and wear Happy Colors!

ML xo

No comments:

Post a Comment