Monday, October 3, 2011

Inspiration for Mens Fall Fashion- 5 year old Sam


This photo is of my husband, Sam on his first day of school in St. Mary's, Ontario. I was looking through our Model Citizens pictures for a topic to write about and I came across this adorable photo and it got me thinking. Sam is dressed in exactly what MC's guys like to wear, so I decided to use it as my inspiration to put together a inspiration board for fall men's fashion.

Plaid Shirt

First off, Sam is rocking the Plaid Work Shirt- a mainstay in mens fashion these days.

Adrian Collins- photo: Jon Janes

The plaid shirt really is a masculine staple, and is the one thing that men really own. They emulate an outdoorsy, gruff, pine-smelling man.  The pearl snaps add to the shirt by giving it that slight cowboy swagger. I am not totally sure if we will ever see then end of plaid for guys, I think it is one of those vintage mainstays.

Dark Jeans

Well, it wouldn't be a man blog post without talking jeans and we are completely throwing our support behind Canada's own Naked and Famous Jeans. A great raw, dark denim look without the silly, prefab wear and holes that come with mainstream jeans. Selvedge denim is a great choice for guys looking ot get more out of their jeans. Stiff at first, but with wear will in directly to your body.


Available in three styles: Skinny, Slim and Bootcut (weird guy), these fit a total range of sizes and fits. Totally recommended and available at Model Citizens today!



No comments:

Post a Comment