Saturday, January 30, 2010

RPM Challenge + Chelsey= Lack of Inspiration..?


So, I decided to do the RPM challenge this year...

For those of you that are not familiar with the RPM Challenge, it is a challenge to create an album in the month of February of 10 songs or 35 minutes. I used to write and play a lot more music in my past life (pre store owner) and I have been looking for avenues to create something.

So I am now in panic mode- it is Jan. 30th and i need to start this monster in two days. I am calling all inspiration gods to strike me any moment.

So this is my question: Where does it come from? When I was writing before I had LOADS of baggage to work with- tons of post teenage angst to use. These days, on the other hand, I am happy, healthy and a touch boring. SO do I write songs about being in my mid twenties and happy/boring/confused/conflicted or do I revisit demons?

I will keep you updated as I progress BUT I ask of anyone who is even reading this blog: Provide inspiration to this bewildered girl who just wants to put that 40,000 Music degree to use.

Email me, comment, write on facebook etc with any ideas you may have to subject or any stories that may bring about inspiration!

XOXOX
Chels


No comments:

Post a Comment