Friday, January 8, 2010

Livin it up!


Today is a great day. It is Friday, the sun is shining and this beautiful old city is just shimmering. Which brings me to my little "histoire" of the day.

Doug Clouston, a glass artist was down helping a friend pick out a dress for the Republic of Doyle party here in St. John's. We were outside the store chatting with the sun just pouring down and he exclaimed "Where do we live?! Can you believe that we get to live here....its crazy!" And he is right. We live in a pretty sweet spot and I feel very lucky to do what I do (own a shop and consult with arts based projects) and have the experiences that I have. I spoke to the cobbler for 1/2hr yesterday about conspicuous consumption yesterday! (yes! we have a cobbler in downtown st. john's!) But I am not sure luck has anything to do with it- you live the life you want for yourself. I am fairly certain this is the life i have always wanted. As I squint from the beauty sunshine pouring in the store from the windows, I can't help but feel confident and gracious regarding my world and the people in it.

Happy Friday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment