Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Funny Valentine (mistake)

Happy Wednesday lovers! The weekend is quickly approaching (yah!) and right after the weekend comes the day we love (or love to hate)... Valentine's Day!  This year at Model Citizens and Our Humble Abode, we have been scratching our brains for creative and fun ideas for V Day. If y'all wanna read a little bit more on our fave mushy jams and Valentine's activities, check out our latest newsletter by copying and pasting this link into your browser:



 http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Put-a-Little-Love-in-Your-Heart-.html?soid=1102697427625&aid=qihYRNQJhwY

So what are your plans? We'd love to hear about them... assuming they are shareable :). Singles night with pals, mommas and dads, new lovebirds, longtime lovebirds- what are you getting up to on Feb. 14th?


One of my favorite Valentine's dates involved eating a lovely homemade meal on a makeshift low table and chairs (made from couch cushions) on the living room floor. We watched 30 Rock, drank hot chocolate with Kahlua, took our time, didn't clean up right away... and I even turned off my phone!  The Stargazer lilies and chocolates were certainly a nice touch but it was the time that mattered. The laughing and forgetting about work, school, etc. and truly enjoying the person I was dining with.



 It was comfortable and silly... and I was wayyy over dressed ! Of course he didn't care, but I was wishing I had gone with the jeans and cute top that I had wanted to wear. I stood in that closet for the better part of the afternoon. I started getting ready after LUNCH for a dinner date! It was a pretty new relationship and I didn't have a clue about what to wear. I talked to about 85 girlfriends and even bought a couple new pieces (so silly)... instead of listening to my head and wearing what I knew would be ME. So while laughing along to Liz Lemon, I was wishing the entire time I wasn't having a Liz moment, still wearing 4" heels amongst the cushions and hauling up my too tight pants.


So ladies, if any of you are like me, and love to get it PERFECT... word of advice: wear what you know, because yes you can KNOW clothes. How they fit and feel, how comfortable they are for sitting (or walking), and how much they make you sweat, or freeze! Not exclusive to Valentine's, here are some of my all time favorite date night get ups.


Collegefashion.com calls this out fit perfect for a girl's night out. Grab your ladies and head for a drink, or pair with boots and a jacket and go for a late night coffee and stroll with your guy.

This next picture is similar to what I will be sporting this year. 


Comfortable pants and cardi, super flirty girly touches, and an easy tank. Tres femme, tres simple.

If you are heading out for a fancier affair and would like to take the night to amp it up, you don't need to sacrifice comfort for sexy. Some of my fave looks:


 A sweater dress! Looser fitting sweater dresses with a shorter hemline and dark tights are SUPER cute.  This little Urban Outfitter's number brings the sexy to the back.


If a tighter or more glam look is what you're looking for, i'm still stressing not to ditch the comfort. Stretch! Wrap dresses, ultra hot! Belts for a teeny waist. 








I keep stressing the comfort for one reason only- you will never LOOK or FEEL more attractive then when you know you look good, and you're able to be yourself- comfortable in your clothes! Be YOU after all, you're the Valentine!





No matter where, with whom, or what you end up doing, have fun peeps!
XOXO,
ML :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been browsing online more than 3 hours lately, yet I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It's pretty price sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the internet will likely be a lot more helpful than ever before.
    Master Catalog Rack Starter Set, Capacity:12 Inches/45 Degrees, Gray (MAT912RS3G)

    ReplyDelete