Monday, January 16, 2012

Model Citizens Top 5: Golden Globes! It's Awards Season!


Golden Globes Best Dressed List

The award for best dressed goes to........



Charlize Theron! The Young Adult looked youthful, natural and daring all at once in this Dior dress. This was my absolute favourite of the night. She always looks good but this dress was so different from a lot of the repetition on the red carpet and so beautiful and soft that she stood out from everyone.


The close runner up to Charlize is the stunning Diane Aragon from Glee. I gotta say, I dislike Glee but I love this dress.  Designer Giles created a beautiful, intricate dress and I believe the design is achieved by laser cutting the swan pattern. She looks stunning from head to toe and really stole the show from a lot of the old faithfuls on the red carpet.





Jessica Biel looks stunning is this romantic gown. I couldn't find the designer, but it deserves a spot on this list. Lace, lace and more lace, this is a stunner. I love when actresses feel confident and sexy enough to rock a long sleeve. This was breezy and serious all at once and she just looked beautifula nd ethereal.




The exact opposite to Jessica Biel is Lea Michelle's Marchesa number. Holy shitballs! What a stunning dress with incredible craftsmanship. Reminiscent of Halle Berry's famous frock the year she won for Monsterball, it was amped up by the metallic rock and roll vibe. I don't like Lea Michelle, I think she is a pain but her stylist deserves huge props for the last few awards shows.





Another opposing design is the 90's simplicity and metallic dress that Nicole Richie wore. Despite her alien hair, this dress rocked. It was simple yet a stunner. Nice to see a totally different shape on the carpet that flattered her petite frame.


Honorable Mentions:



Everyone is going to have Angelina Jolie on their best dressed list but it didn't make me crazy, really. Maybe I was turned off when Ryan Seacrest (who is amazing, by the way- the shit that guy puts up with) asked her if she was nervous about the US premier of her film, In the Land of Milk and Honey,
and she responded something to the effect of "I am nervous about the rape and starvation in Bosnia.... what a ridiculous response! Jesus. That knocked her from the top 5, for shizzle.




Reese Witherspoon: I am so glad she went away from cute, 50's vibe for this one. What a hot dress and showed that she can rock it with the best of them. I don't love the whole trumpet gown in general, but she rocked this Zac Posen number.




Shailene Woodley: I have no idea what she does or even how old she is, but her dress is dynamite




Kelly Osbourne: her hair ruined this awesome dress for me. Why!>!?!



Laura Dern: She won the GG and she won on the red carpet! This dress is a stunner. She would have been in the top 5 if she had done more hair-wise to amp it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment