Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Bit of Family History..



I posted this last year and I wanted to give it a bit more attention to tell our readers about how special this photograph is. This is my Mom's (Celina) family at Christmas time in Northern Quebec, in a small village called, "La Tabatiere". My mom is the small girl with the big brown eyes in the middle standing up. She must have been maybe 5 years old in this photo, since the photo is from 1962.

 It is amazing when you look at a photo and it really speaks to you. This photo embodies the holiday season- family, togetherness, humility and everything so important for the holidays. I almost feel like I can't totally put it into words, but since I am starting my own family these days (yes, I am pregnant!) seeing this  picture makes me so excited to have a family of my own and appreciative of the amazing upbringing that she had, and my dad had and subsquently passed on to us.

1 comment: