Wednesday, June 15, 2011

April-November (sometimes) = Flats!

In 2005 I made a fashion discovery that kinda rocked my world- the ballet flat. My first pair looked like this.

I opted for them in the ballet pink instead of the black. They were SO different from anything else I was seeing (in the metropolis of Bay Roberts). I started experimenting- pairing them with not only jeans and capris (it WAS 2005!), but skirts, even dressier dresses. Women (and men) made were making this realization as far back at the 16th century but gained extreme popularity in '57 when Miss Hepburn sported them with cropped skinny jeans.

Now it seems the whole world is walking around in the "Dolly shoe". For those of us who prefer a more functional, cutesy shoe- it appears the flat is here to stay. From extremely low prices, to extremely high prices, from extremely basic to extremely ornate, there is a flat shoe out there for everyone. Some of this season's hottest trends for us "Flatties" include both the loud colors and solid structures of the 60's, and natural feathery and fringe-y embellishments of the 70's. And Denim. This season's all about the denim.

Here's a look at what Tory Burch is up to this season!






Hope your day has lots of Sun and Fun (and cute shoes)

ML Xx

P.s, I still own, LOVE, and wear those flats!

1 comment:

  1. I also have a HUGE thing for Sperry nautical loafers as well...great flats for that vintage prep look! (and comfortable!)

    ReplyDelete