Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Socks with sandals?

Maybe it's because i'm from the land where you can experience multiple seasons in one day. Or maybe it's because my indecisive ways leak into my wardrobe. Whatever the reason, I love layers. I am the first to admit that I have been victim of looking a little schizophrenic when it comes to clothing choices. Now, looking schizophrenic may still get you the occasional double take- but this season many designers are showing us how to do it so that you get the best kind of once overs. Even if you ARE wearing socks with sandals (LOVE!!).

With traditional preppy styles similar to pieces offered at the Gap, bumped up with New York flavor and pops of floral and sequins, J Crew Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear line is fantastic! Full of vintage cuts and that great 70's palette, this line has a business casual, all girl, "oh, I just threw it on!" appeal.  Unassuming separates and classic pieces paired together, alongside layers playing with patterns, lengths, fabrics and feels makes this line versatile for any kind of affair, at any time of day.

My favorites from this collection are





The whole line is available for viewing (and purchase!) online at jcrew.com.



xxoo
ML


1 comment:

  1. So not down with the socks and sandals thing. The rest is fabulous though!

    ReplyDelete