Thursday, April 14, 2011

Winter Hair, Winter's Gone.

Hello Model Citizens, and happy Friday-Eve :). While I could write another (or a 1000 more) fashion blogs, today I really want to talk about hair. Winter is cold. Often, we forget that our skin is not the only thing we should be keeping extra warm when the temperatures are dipping.

After my last (not-so-hot) haircut in January, my hair's been spending a lot of time up. With the days getting (sightly) warmer and (slightly) dryer I am starting to feel the need to make a change in my look. A lot of people welcome in a new season with weather appropriate shoes and clothing but for me spring means a new 'do. Usually the trouble is just deciding which style to adopt but this time around my issue is a little different.

I did everything wrong this winter when it comes to my hair, even though I thought I was doing everything right. I gave up hot tools, including my blow dryer which I thought for sure would be a favor to any hair strand. My hair also spent more time up then down which I thought would both aid in growth, and in speeding up my mornings. Unfortunately, it was the wrong time of year for these good intentions. Giving up my hair dryer meant often I was leaving the house with dampness in my hair. Now this dampness in minus degree temps did more harm then the blow dryer, especially when paired with a headache inducing pony holder 7 days a week.

Grant it, my hair has grown longer then it's been since I was a child, and is for the most part healthy. It just feels... bizarre. And any damage I have now is new thanks to wet hair/the elements/electric heat. I have always heard  of "Winter Hair", and I am now experiencing it in full effect. A major hair cut is on the To Do list for this weekend, and the quest for the perfect shampoo/conditioner continues.

Frustrated and Frizzy,
ml xx

This photo from Refinery 29 sums up the look for Spring 2011. Feminine, strong, and very reminiscent of the '70's. And, this style hides any bad locks : )



No comments:

Post a Comment