Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why are we so busy?


So, if you a follower of my blog, you have heard reference to Sam every now and then- he is my main squeeze and co-owner of MC. We have been flat out for, um 2 years, getting MC going, him in school and doing general work related endeavors for a long time. When we travel it is for a purpose, when we go out it is to release a tiny bit of steam and we work everyday, all the time.

But not this weekend!

Sam and I took a drive down the Irish Loop- which is the southern area of the avalon penn. We wanted to just have a time to chat, hang out and be two people- without any baggage. We drove and drove- through amazing spots along the loop-St. Vincents, Trepassey, Ferryland, Cape Broyale and found a bit of ourselves along the way.

Which brings me to my point: no matter what you do, no matter who you are and what you have influence over- the point is that you need joy and trust me, it is sometimes more difficult that you think to find. Sometimes it is a bit of a treasure hunt- you may have to get out of your own way to spot it. Joy isn't intrinsic- it is reactionary.

I know this sounds preachy and please don't take it like that- I deeply feel that this is a joyful world, the problem is sometimes I am- too busy being busy -that I fail to notice.



No comments:

Post a Comment