Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Fevah!

Screw Hibernating! February is for Flirting!

I am feeling the Valentines bug today- February doesn't feel so endless, it actually feels like I have a secret crush on it.

Imagine! A crush on February- like in Grade 8 when boys would diss you and then would ask you out? I think that is my relationship with February, a pubescent crush.

I complain about February, I whine about him, I make fun of his lacking of days (28- sheesh, a real man has 31), I dread seeing him on the calendar and worst of all, I show off when he is around by wearing hardy any clothes to spite his coldness.

But then this one day, I get all warm and silly inside and feel like giving him a big smack-erooo. But I stop and think- he isn't that bad, I love his snow days, drinking full pint of Guinness with him, playing endless games of cards with him, eating comfort food and sharing warm snuggles. I also love the way he sprinkles snow down and the way downtown feels when he is around- oh no! I think I am in love with February!

No comments:

Post a Comment